WAEC has released the results of the recently concluded 2011/2012 GCE results (WAEC Nov/Dec results).
The results which are available on www.waecdirect.org show an improvement over previous results, with more students getting 5 credits (including English and Maths) than in previous years. You can get detailed instructions on checking your 2011/2012 WAEC GCE results here.
Detailed Steps On How To Check Your 2011/2012 WAEC GCE Results
- Step 1: Identifying yourself: Supply your 10-digit WAEC GCE 2011/2012 Examination Number. (ie. your 7-Digit centre number followed by your 3-digit candidateseat number eg. 4123456789)
- Step 2: Tell WAEC that your examination year is 2011. However you can type in other years if you are not checking for 2011.
- Step 3: Select the type of examination you sat for. For GCE, choose Nov/Dec. or do otherwise if you wrote internal exam.
- Step 4: Enter the Card Serial Number found on the reverse side of your Scratch card.
- Step 5: Enter the Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Scratch card
- Step 6: Click “Submit” and wait for your GCE results window to come up.
How to check your 2011/2012 WAEC GCE result on a mobile phone
You can also check your WAEC GCE Nov/Dec result via SMS. To check your WAEC GCE Nov/Dec 2011 results with a mobile phone, you will need to buy the WAEC Direct Scratch card for N350.
Simply send a short code in this format:
WAEC*ExamNo*PIN*ExamYear to 32327 . For example, if your WAEC Examination number is 42966731, your PIN is 123456, and you sat for WAEC GCE in 2011, send WAEC*42966731*123456*2011 to 32327 . The WAEC SMS result checking service costs N30 per SMS and is available only on Glo, Airtel, and MTN networks.
How To Send your WAEC GCE results to your email
With the result checker function at the WAEC Direct website, you can send a copy of your WAEC GCE result to your email address. This will make it easily accessible whenever you need it. My advise is that you send a copy to your email address when checking yourWAEC GCE/SSCE result at the WAECresult checker portal. This is because you have only 5 access to your WAEC GCE result per scratch card. Sending a copy to your email means you can access it as many times as you want via your email.
To send your WAEC GCE result to youremail, select the Send results to Email option on WAEC GCE result checker, after you have logged inand enter your email address andclick submit. A copy of your WAEC GCE result will be sent to your email address.